300g Senai kizhangu (Elephant yam)
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
2-3 tsp Chilly powder
1-2 tsp Tamarind paste
Oil for frying
1. Wash and peel the skin.
2. Cut them in to small thick slices.
3. Boil water in a vessel and add Senai kizhangu slices, turmeric powder and little salt.
4. Once it is half cooked drain the water and keep it aside.
5. In a bowl mix chilly powder, salt, tamarind paste.
6. Add cooked Senai kizhangu slices to the above mixture and mix well.
7. Keep it aside for15- 20 minutes.
8. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a shallow frying pan and fry few Senai kizhangu slices on medium heat till both sides become golden brown.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Senai kizhangu Fry (Elephant yam Fry)