Paper Roast Dosa/ Ghee Roast Dosa is favourite for many people because it is little bit crispy and tastes delicious.....Preparing batter is similar to ordinary dosa the only difference is while making paper roast dosa you have to spread the batter as thin as possible and apply ghee over the dosa.
4 cup(s) Idly rice
1 cup Urud dal
¼ tsp Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
1. Soak Idly rice and Methi together in water for about 5-6 hours.
2. Soak urud dal in water for 3 hours.
3. Drain the water from urud dal and grind it with little water.
4. Grind urud dal until the mixture is frothy. Keep aside
5. Then drain water from soaked rice and methi.
6. Grind the rice to a fine consistency (not too fine, coarsely).
7. Mix the two batters and add the required salt.Allow it to ferment for 16 - 18 hours.
8. The final batter should not be too thick or too watery.
9. Add little water to the batter to dilute it.
10. Heat a flat frying pan/ dosa griddle, pour the batter and spread the batter as thin as possible. 11. Pour ghee around the sides of the dosa.
12. When it turns crispy, take the dosa from the pan.
13. Serve hot with sambar/ chutney.