300g Mutton, cut into small pieces
10 small onions
3 Garlic cloves
A small Piece of Ginger
A small piece of cinnamon
½ tsp Poppy seed
¼ tsp Fennel seed 2 cloves
3 tsp grated coconut
Few curry leaves
2 tsp Sambar powder
2-3 tsp Chilly Powder
2-3 tsp Oil
2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1. In a pressure a tsp of oil, add mutton pieces, 1 tsp chilly powder, salt and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add little water and pressure cook for 10 minutes (once the whistle comes simmer it for 10 minutes) and keep it aside.
3. Grind coconut, half tomato, 4 small onion, poppy seed, fennel seed, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves and sambar powder together to a fine paste.
4. Chop the remaining onion and tomato.
5. Heat oil in a kadai, add onion, curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
6. Add tomato, chilly powder, salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add mutton pieces and saute for a minute.
8. Than add ground coconut paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
9. Add water along with the water used to cook mutton and cook and low flame for 10-15 minutes.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with white rice.