4 Medium Sized Tomatoes, cut into small pieces
4 tsp grated coconut
2 tsp Sambar Powder
½ tsp Chilly Powder
10 Small onions
1/2 tsp Shombu/Perungeeragam (Fennel Seeds)
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
Few Curry leaves
2 tsp Oil
1- 1 ½ cup Water
Salt according to taste
1. Cook tomatoes with sambar powder, chilly powder and salt with water till powder along with water for 10 minutes.
2. Grind coconut and onion together to a fine paste.
3. Add the ground paste to cooked tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Allow it to cool and mash it with the spoon.
5. Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, urad dal and shombu.
6. Once it starts to splutter, add curry leaves and saute for a second and add to the kolambu and mix well.7. Serve hot with rice.