100g Semiya (vermicelli)
50g Jawarisi (sago)
½ liter Milk
½ cup water
2-3 tsp ghee
Sugar according to taste
10 Cashew nuts
10 Kismis (dry grapes)
1. Fry vermicelli in a kadai with a tsp of ghee on low flame until it turns golden colour. Keep it aside.
2. Cook sago separately and keep it aside.
3. Heat water in a vessel and bring it to boil.
4. Add vermicelli and cook till it becomes soft.
5. Add cooked sago, sugar and mix well.
6. Allow it to cool and add milk.
7. Mix well and cook it on low flame.
8. Powder the cardamom and add it to the mixture.
9. Fry the cashew nuts and kismis in ghee and add to the mixture. Mix well.
8. Payasam is ready to serve.