Smarties cakes are colourful and attractive.Kids usually love this cake and you can bake this cake for your kids birthday party.
350g All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
50g Almonds, finely grounded
40g Smarties (Gems)
For the Icing:
120g Cooking chocolate
Smarties/ gems for decoration
1. Mix flour, baking powder together and sieve it to get mixed evenly.
2. Add finely grounded almonds to the above mixture and mix well.
3. Beat butter and sugar till it becomes creamy.
4. Add egg one by one to the butter sugar mixture and beat for 30 seconds.
5. Add flour almonds mixture to the egg butter sugar mixture and mix gently with a spatula.
6. Add smarties/gems to the above mixture and mix gently.
7. Grease the baking pan with butter and sprinkle flour over it.
8. Fill the baking pan with batter and spread it using a spatula.
9. Bake at 180 degree C for 50-60 minutes.
10. Melt and chocolate and butter using double boiler method.
11. Pour icing over the cake and spread evenly with the spatula.
12. Finally arrange smarties over the cake.
1. Preheating the oven is important.
2. Butter and sugar should be kept at our room temperature.
Double Boiler Method:
The method uses two pots. The bottom pot contains about an inch of water in it and the top pot is a bit smaller and rests on the bottom pot. The water should be heated to just below a simmer and rest the top pot above the water. Chop the chocolate and put it in the top pot. Stir the chocolate as it melts to ensure a smooth texture. Be cautious the water isn't mixed in with the chocolate as this create a grainy texture.