Thandu poriyal is prepared using the thandu (stem) portion of thandu keerai. It is very tasty and easy to prepare.
1 bunch thandu (thandu /stem portion of thandu keerai), finely chopped
2 Green Chilly, finely chopped
1 Onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Urad Dal
1 tsp Oil
1/2 cup Channa Dal (kadala Paruppu)
1 tsp grated coconut
Few curry leaves
1. Pressure cook channa dal and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seed, urad dal and curry leaves.
3. Once the mustard starts to splutter, add onion and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
4. Add the chopped thandu/ stem, salt and saute for a minute.
5. Sprinkle little water, cover and cook it on low flame till it is done.
6. Finally add the cooked channa dal and mix well.
7. Garnish with the grated coconut.