1 Bottle gourd (Medium size)
½ cup Channa Dal
4 Green Chilly, finely chopped
1 Onion, finely chopped
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Urud Dal
1 tsp grated coconut
¼ cup Water
Few Curry leaves
1 tsp Oil
1. Wash and peel the skin from snake gourd.
2. Cut it into two halves and remove the seed and chop them into small pieces.
3. Cook Channa dal separately and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard and urud dal.
5. Once the mustard starts to splutter add green chilly and saute for a minute.
6. Add onions, curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
7. Add chopped bottle gourd, turmeric powder, salt and saute for a minute.
9. Add water and cook on medium heat till it become soft and tender.
10. Finally add channa dal, grated coconut and mix well.