1 Pudalangai (Snake guard)
1/4 cup grated coconut
½ cup Bengal Gram (channa dal )
2 tsp Samabr Powder
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Tomato, finely chopped
1 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Urud Dal
¼ cup Water
Few Curry leaves
1 tsp Oil
1. Wash and peel the skin from snake guard.
2. Cut it into two halves and remove the seed and chop them into small pieces.
3. Cook channa dal separately. Keep it aside.
4. Grind coconut, smabar powder into a fine paste by adding little water in the mixer.
5. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard and urud dal.
6. Once the mustard start splutter add onion, curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
7. Add Tomato and saute for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add chopped snake gourd and saute for a minute.
9. Add the paste and salt .Saute for 2 minutes.
10. Add water and cook on medium heat till it become soft and tender.
10. Finally add channa dal and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
11. Serve as a side dish for rice.