2 Medium size beetroot, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 tsp Sambar Powder
1 tsp Chilly Powder
1 tsp Urud Dal
½ tsp Mustard
1 tsp oil
½ cup water
Few curry leaves
1. In a heavy vessel add beetroot, water, sambar powder and salt.
2. Mix well and cover and cook it on medium flame.
3. Once the beetroot is half cooked, add tomatoes and cook till the beetroot becomes soft.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, urad dal and allow it to splutter.
5. Once the mustard starts to splutter add onion and curry leaves. Saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
6. Finally add the cooked beetroot and mix well.
7. Cover and cook it on low flame for 5 minutes.