Paasi paruppu payasam is my favorite dessert. I often used to prepare this payasam becomes it is very simple and easy recipe to make.
1 cup Moong Dal
¾ Cup powdered jaggery (more or less according to the taste)
½ cup Milk
2 tsp Cashew nuts
2 tsp Raisins
1½ cup Water
½ tsp Cardamom powder
1 tsp ghee
2 tsp grated coconut
1. Dry roast moong dal on low flame till it becomes light brown color.
2. Allow it cool and pressure cook dal with 11/2 cup of water till it becomes soft and keep it aside.
3. Add little water to jaggery and heat till jaggery melts.
4. Allow it to cool and strain the impurities.
5. Add the jaggery syrup to the cooked moong dal and cook it on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
6. Add milk, grated coconut and cardamom to the above mixture and cook it on low flame for 5 minutes.
7. Heat ghee in a pan, add cashew nuts and raisins and saute for a minute.
8. Add this to Payasm and mix well.
9. Payasm is ready to serve.