250g avarakai (sword beans)
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Green chilly, slit
3 Red chilly
½ tsp Urud Dal
½ tsp Mustard
1-2 tsp oil
¼ cup water
1½ tsp Grated coconut (optional)
1. Cut sword beans into small pieces
2. Add salt and water to sword beans.
3. Cover and cook sword beans over medium heat till the water is completely evaporated.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, urud dal, red chilly and saute for a minute.
5. Add green chilly, onion and fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
6. Finally add cooked sword beans and mix well.
7. Cover and keep it in simmer for 5 Min's.
8. Finally add grated coconut and serve hot.