Ulunda Vadai is a famous south-Indian snack and it is often served with idli/ dosa. The important thing to remember for making crispy ulunda vadai is not to add water while grinding the batter. If necessary you can sprinkle little water while grinding.
1 cup Urud dal
1 Onion, finely chopped
3 Green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp grated ginger
Few curry leaves, finely chopped
Oil for frying
1. Soak urud dal for 2 hours in water.
2. Drain the water and grind it to a smooth paste.
3. Add salt onion, green chilly, curry leaves, ginger and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a kadai.
5. Take a small amount of batter, make a small ball and flatten them on a plastic sheet and make hole in the center(like donut).
6. Fry vadas till it becomes golden color.
7. Serve with coconut chutney.