500g Dried Soya Bean
2 liters of water
2 tsp Vanilla essence
1. Wash and soak beans overnight or at least for 12 hours.
2. Drain and put the blender/mixer and blend it into a smooth paste by adding little water.
3. In a heavy bottom vessel add the soya bean paste and remaining water.
4. Mix well and bring it to boil.
5. Remove the thick layer that will form on the top of the liquid.
6. Reduce the flame and simmer it for 45 to 50 minutes (till the liquid has reached milky consistency).Allow it to cool.
7. Spread a thin cotton cloth over a large container and pour the milk in to the vessel. Pull the cloth together and squeeze it.
8. Add sugar according to taste.
1. Keep stirring in between to avoid sticking.
2. Can be drunk hot or cold.
3. Can be stored for 2-3 days.