There are different methods of cooking rice. You can cook rice in any method. Before cooking wash the rice well and drain the water.
Boiling and Draining Method:
This method of cooking is used for the parboiled and unpolished rice where the cooking time is longer and draining water will help to get rid of the excess starch. Water is used roughly in this method.
1. Pour water into a large vessel and bring it to boil.
2. Add the washed rice, cover and cook it on medium flame.
3. Check whether the rice is cooked (take rice grain and press it with your hand it will soft if it’s cooked).
4. Drain the water and leave it aside for 5 minutes.
5. The rice is ready to be served.
Covered Pan Method:
In this method rice is cooked with measured amount of water until all the water has been absorbed. The proportion of water and cooking time varies according to the type of rice used.
1. Put rice in a vessel and add the water.
2. Bring it to boil and reduce the flame to simmer.
3. Cover and cook until the water is absorbed.
4. Remove the vessel from heat and leave it in a warm place for 5 minutes.
Electric Rice Cooker Method:
1. Put the rice into the cooker and add the required amount of water as indicated in your instruction manual.
2. Cooker the cooker lid and switch it on. The cooker will switch itself off automatically once the rice is cooked.
1. In a microwave vessel add the rice and required amount of water.
2. Cover the vessel with microwave proof plastic wrap and cook on full power for 10-15 minutes (The time varies with different made so check in your instruction book).
3. Leave the rice without stirring for 10 minutes before using.