50g Jaggery, powdered
½ tsp roasted cumin powder
¼ tsp Garam masala
½ tsp Chilly Powder (more or less according to taste)
2 cups of water
Salt according to taste
1. Wash and soak tamarind in 1 cup of water.
2. Boil tamarind along with water 5-7 minutes
3. Allow it to cool, strain and collect the pulp.
4. In another vessel cook dates along with chilly powder, garam masala, salt and 1 cup water.
5. Cook for 10 minutes.Allow it to cool and blend it to a smooth paste.
6. Mix tamarind pulp, dates paste, jaggery and cook till the chutney becomes thick.
7. Sprinkle roasted cumin powder and mix well.
8. Serve with snacks like Samosas/ Pakoras.
1. You can store the chutney for a week in the refrigerator.
2. This chutney can be relished with variety of snacks like in dahi vada ,Bhel puri, Dahi puri etc…