1 bunch Palk (spinach)
5 small onion, finely chopped
1 Tomato, finely chopped
2 Green Chilly, slit
1/4 Cup Toor dal
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp Jeera
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
A pinch of Asafoetida
1 tsp oil
1. Pressure cook toor dal with turmeric powder, asafoetida and keep it aside.
2. Wash, clean and chop palak. Keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a cooker, add mustard, urud dal, jeera and allow it to splutter.
4. Add green chilly,garlic,onion and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
5. Add palak, tomato, salt and saute for a minute.
6. Add cooked toor dal, cover and cook till it is done(Once cooked mash well).
7. Serve with white rice.