1 Cup broken Wheat (godhuma rava)
2 cup of water
1- 1½ Cup Jaggery
1 Coconut, grated
1 tsp Cardamom powder
10 Cashew nuts
2 tsp Ghee
Water for taking coconut milk
1. Fry the broken wheat slightly with a tsp of ghee and keep it aside.
2. Grind the grated coconut with water and squeeze them to extract milk (first milk will be thick).
3. Grind the same coconut again for 2 times and extract the second and third milk .Keep it aside.
4. Heat 2 cup of water in vessel and bring it to boil.
5. Add rava and cook it on a medium flame.
6. Once the rava thickens to a semi solid consistency add powdered jaggery.
7. Stir until the jaggery melts.
8. Add the second and third coconut milk and cook till wheat rava is soft.
9. Finally add the first coconut milk, fried raisins, cashew nut and cardamom powder .Mix well and remove from the heat.
10. Serve payasam hot or cold.