1 Cup All purpose flour (Maida)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Dry Yeast
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 cup Milk (more or less for making dough)
1 tsp melted butter
Oil for frying
1. Add yeast to a warm milk and allow it to dissolve.
2. Add sugar to the milk-yeast mixture and dissolve it.
3. Beat the egg and add to above mixture and mix well.
4. In a vessel add flour, baking powder, butter and mix well.
5. Add the sugar egg mixture slowly to the flour and make soft dough.
6. Keep it aside for 1-2 hrs.
6. Roll dough about 1/2 inch thick.
7. Cut it into small round shape(2- 2½ inch) and make a hole in the center (you can use any round vessel lid for cutting into round shape).
8. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry them till it becomes brown color.
9. Drain on paper towels and dust with granulated sugar.
1. For toppings
a. You can apply honey on the donuts and dip them over coconut milk powder.
b. You can mix powdered sugar and water (3:1) and stir constantly until you get a consistency that can be drizzled onto the donut.
2. Add flour if necessary while making dough if the dough is very sticky.