1 cup Raw rice
3/4 cup Green gram dal
11/2 tsp Black pepper (optional)
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp broken cashew nuts
A small piece of ginger,finely chopped
A few Curry leaves
2 tsp Ghee
5 cup(s) Water
1. Wash rice and dal and pressure cook them together in five cups of water for 10 minutes.
2. Heat ghee in a kadai, add pepper, cumin seeds and saute for a minute.
3. Add ginger,curry leaves cashew nut and saute them for a minute.
4. Pour this over the rice-dal mixture.
5. Mix well and serve hot with coconut chutney/sambar.