1 Pudalangai (Snake gourd)
½ cup grated coconut
½ cup moong dal
3-4 Green Chilly
1½ tsp Jeera (cumin seed)
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Urud Dal
¼ cup Water
Few Curry leaves
1 tsp Oil
1. Wash and peel the skin from snake gourd.
2. Cut it into two halves and remove the seed and chop them into small pieces.
3. Cook moong dal separately. Keep it aside.
4. Grind coconut, green chilly and jeera together into a fine paste by adding little water in the mixer.
5. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard and urud dal.
6. Once the mustard start splutter add onion, curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
7. Add chopped snake gourd and saute for a minute.
8. Add the paste and salt .Saute for 2 minutes.
9. Add water and cook on medium heat till it become soft and tender.
10. Finally add moong and mix well.Cook for 2 minutes.
11. Good side dish for rice/chappatis.