1 cup Milk Powder
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp or less baking soda
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Milk just enough to make the dough
2 cups Sugar
1 cup water
4 cardamoms, coarsely ground cardamom seeds
Oil for frying
1. In a vessel add sugar, water, cardamom and bring it to boil.
2. Reduce the heat and heat 5-7 minutes. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Keep the syrup aside.
4. In the bowl mix milk powder, flour and baking soda.
4. Add butter and mix well
6. Now add milk to make soft dough. The dough will be sticky.
7. Keep the dough aside for few minutes.
8. The milk powder will absorb the extra milk.
9. If the dough is dry add more milk to make it soft.
10. Divide the dough into small portions.
11. Make small balls by gently rolling each portion with your hand.
12. Heat oil in a kadai on medium heat.
13. Put the balls into the oil one by one.
14. While frying keep rolling the gulab jamuns around so that they are evenly browned.
15. Fry till they become dark brown in color.
16. Allow it to cool and transfer it into the sugar syrup.
17. Leave gulab jamuns for half an hour.
18. Serve it warm or cold