2 Cup Raw rice, cooked
1 cup grated coconut
½ tsp Mustard
1 tsp split black gram
1 tsp split bengal gram
½ tsp Asafoetida (optional)
3 green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp Cashew nut
2 tsp Oil
Few curry leaves and salt to taste
1. Heat oil on medium level in a large heavy-bottomed vessel for about 2 minute(s).
2. Add the mustard seeds and fry till they splutter.
3. Add the grams, asafoetida and fry for a few seconds till the grams turn light brown.
4. Add the chopped green chilly, curry leaves and the grated coconut. Saute on medium / low heat for about 4 minutes till the coconut is light brown in color.
5. Add the rice and salt to the coconut mixture and mix well.
6. Keep on low heat for 2 minute(s) or till the rice is flavored with the coconut mixture.
7. Garnish with fried cashew nut.