2 cups Raw Rice (Pachaarusi)
3 tsp Grated coconut
To make Rice Flour
1. Wash the rice and soak it for 2-3hrs.
2. Drain the water and allow it to dry completely.
3. Grind it to a fine powder and dry roast it(roast it without oil).
To make Puttu:
1. To the rice powder, add little water and salt as required.
2. Mix and rub well till it resembles like bread crumbs.
3. Keep it aside for 5minutes to absorb water.
4. Then layer this in puttu maker with grated coconut.
5. Close the lid and steam it for 2-3 min's.
If don't have puttu maker then you can use idly cooker.
1. Put a wet cloth on the idly plate.
2. Spread the mixture over the clothes.
3. Keep the plate in idly cooker and steam it for 5 min’s.