I learnt this recipe from my mom in law......it was different and tastes yummy!!!!!!!!!!
1 Banana flower
1 cup Drumstick leaves (Murunga Keerai)
½ tsp Cumin seed (crushed)
2-3 tsp red chilly flakes
4 small onions (crushed)
1 Onion (finely chopped)
½ tsp Turmeric powder
3 tsp grated coconut
1-2 tsp Oil
Salt (according to taste)
1. Separate drumstick leaves from its stalk.
2. Wash them and keep it aside.
3. Peel the outer skin from the banana flower and Separate each flower from the bunch.
4. Remove the long stem inside each flower along with the outer feather.
5. Cut them into small pieces.
6. Heat oil in a pan,add mustard, urud dal.
9. Once the mustard starts to splutter add red chilly flakes, jeera, small onion, onion, turmeric powder and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
10. Add keerai and saute for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
11. Add banana flower, turmeric powder, salt and saute for 5 minutes.
12. Add little water and cover and cook it on low flame till it becomes soft.
13. Finally add grated coconut and mix well.
1. While cleaning banana flower apply oil to both hand to avoid sticking.
2. To avoid discoloration of the flower, you can soak the Chopped florets in buttermilk with a pinch of salt (wash it well before cooking).