3-4 Drumsticks cut into 2 inch pieces
2 Onion, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
½ cup Grated coconut
2 tsp Sambar powder
1 tsp Chilly powder
½ tsp Mustard
¼ tsp Fenugreek seeds
1 tsp Urad Dal
2 tsp Oil
2-3 tsp Tamarind paste (more or less according to taste)
Few curry leaves
2 cups Water
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard and urud dal.
2. Once the mustard starts to splutter add onion, curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
3. Add tomato, chilly powder, sambar powder, salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add drumstick pieces and saute for few minutes.
5. Add water, cover and cook drumsticks.
6. Grind coconut to a fine paste.
7. Once the drumstick is half cooked, add coconut paste and cook till drumsticks becomes soft.
8. Finally add tamarind paste and cook for 5 minutes on slow flame.
9. Serve hot with rice.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Murungaikai Puzhi Kolambu