2 bunches Arai keerai
1 cup water
10 small onions, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, cut into small pieces
4 Garlic cloves
Tamarind (less than half a lemon size)
1/2 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Urad dal
1 tsp cumin seed
4 Green chilly, slit
2 dry red chilly
Few Curry leaves
1. Wash and clean arai keerai.
2. Chop them coarsely and keep it aside.
3. Heat water in a vessel and bring it o boil.
4. Add cumin seed, green chilly, keerai, garlic, tomato, salt and tamarind.
5. Cover and cook till it is done.
6. Allow it to cool and mash it with a spoon.
7. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, urad .
8. Once the mustard starts to splutter add red chilly and saute for a minute.
9. Add curry leaves, onion and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
10. Add this mixture to the keerai masiyal and mix well.