2 Capsicum (cut in to pieces)
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Tomato, finely chopped
½ tsp Fennel seed (Perunjeeragam)
½ tsp tamarind paste
2 tsp chilly powder
½ cup Toor dal
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
1½ tsp oil
1. Cook Toor dal separately (don’t over cook it) and keep it aside
2. Heat oil in the pan, add fennel seed and fry for few seconds.
3. Add onion and fry until onion becomes golden brown.
4. Then add tomatoes, capsicum, chilly powder and salt. Saute them for 2 min.
5. Add little water and cook for 5-7 min on a medium flame.
6. Add the cooked dal, tamarind paste and cook it in low flame for 5 min.
7. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapattis.