½ cup Cow pea (karamani), cooked
10 small onions
½ tsp Fenugreek seeds
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp Urud Dal
2 tsp Sambar powder
2 tsp Chilly powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
2-3 tsp Tamarind paste
4 tsp fresh grated Coconut
Few Curry leaves
1. Grind coconut, half tomato, 4 small onion and sambar powder together to a fine paste.
2. Chop the remaining onion and tomato.
3. Cut drumstick, brinjal, potato and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard and urud dal.
5. Once the mustard starts to splutter add onion, curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
6. Add tomato, chilly powder, salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add vegetables, ground paste and saute for a minute.
8. Add water and cook it on medium flame for 10 minutes.
9. Finally add tamarind paste, cooked karamani and cook till the vegetables become soft and tender.
10. Serve hot with white rice.