250g Sow Sow (Chayote)
2 tsp Sambar Powder
1 tsp Chilly Powder
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Tomato, finely chopped
1 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Urud Dal
½ cup Water (more or less accordingly)
Few Curry leaves
1 tsp Oil
1. Wash and peel the skin from sow sow.
2. Cut it into two halves and remove the seed and chop them into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard and urud dal.
4. Once the mustard starts to splutter add onion, curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
5. Add tomato, salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add chopped chow chow and saute for a minute.
7. Add water and cook on medium heat till it become soft and tender.