For the Dough:
62 ml Water
1 tsp Oil
For the Filling:
2 tsp Raisins
2 tsp Almonds, powdered
2 tsp Rum
4-5 tsp Bread crumbs
2 tsp Butter
½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
Sugar according to taste
1. Soak raisins in rum for 30 minutes.
2. Knead flour, salt, oil and water into a medium-firm dough.
3. Heat a tsp of butter, add bread crumbs and toast till they turn lightly brown.
4. Peel and slice the apples.
5. In a large bowl mix apples, sugar, raisins along with rum, almonds, cinnamon and mix well.
6. Roll the dough to a thin sheet using a rolling pin(once you have rolled stretch it with your hand to as thin as possible).
7. Spread the breadcrumbs over the sheet.
8. Spread the apple mixture over it.
10. Then roll the sheet over the filling and roll it by lifting the sheet.
11. Place the strudel on a butter baking tray.
12. Brush the strudel with melted butter and bake at 180 degree C for 30 minutes.
13. Allow it to cool and cut a slice and cut in it in to slices. Garnish with some icing sugar before serving.