Paal payasm is typically a rice pudding prepared with sugar and boiled milk. My mom often used to prepare this recipe.
1/2 cup Basmati rice
1 cup water
2 cup Milk
Sugar (according to taste)
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
5 Cashew nuts
2 tsp ghee
1. Soak rice for 15minutes.
2. Drain the water and keep it aside.
3. Heat a cup of water in a heavy vessel and bring it to boil.
4. Add the rice and cook it on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
5. Add milk and cook till the rice is soft.
6. Add sugar and stir well.
7. Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashew nut and raisins.
8. Add cardamom powder, fried cashew nut, raisins along with ghee and mix well.
9. Serve hot.