1 tsp Omam (ajwain)
2 cup Gram flour
1/2 cup Rice flour
1/4 tsp Asafetida
Oil for frying
1. Fry the omam and powder it.
2. Mix rice flour,gram flour,Asafetida,salt,omam powder and little water.
3. Mix will to make soft dough (like chapati dough).
4. Heat oil in a kadai on medium flame.
5. Place a handful of dough into the omapodi mould.
6. Hold the mould over the hot oil.
7. Start squeezing in a circular mode till the mixture gets over.
8. keep aside the mould.
9. Turn the omapodi to the other side with a ladle.
10. When the omapodi turns golden in colour, remove from oil and allow it to drain on paper napkins.
11. Store in an airtight container.
You can use Idiyappam achu for making this.