15-20 Garlic cloves
10 small Onions
½ tsp Fenugreek seeds
1 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Urud dal
2 tsp Sambar powder
2 tsp Chilly powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
2-3 tsp Tamarind paste
4 tsp fresh grated Coconut
Few Curry leaves
1. Grind coconut, half tomato, 4 small onion and sambar powder together to a fine paste.
2. Chop the remaining onion and tomato.
3. Remove the skin from garlic cloves and cut it into two halves. Keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard and urud dal.
5.Once the mustard start splutter add onion, garlic, curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
6. Add tomato, chilly powder, salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add coconut paste and saute for a minute.
8. Add water and cook and medium flame for 10 minutes.
9. Finally add tamarind paste and cook till it is done.
10. Serve hot with white rice.