1 Banana flower
1/2 cup Bengal gram (Kadalaparippu)
3 Green chilly (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds (Perumjeeragam)
1 Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Ginger (A small piece, finely chopped)
Few curry leaves (finely chopped)
Oil for frying
1. Soak Bengal gram in water for 2 hrs and keep aside.
2. Peel the outer skin from the banana flower and Separate each flower from the bunch.
3. Remove the long stem inside each flower along with the outer feather.
4. Cut them into small pieces.
5. Boil the cut florets for about 15min along with turmeric powder and salt.
6. Once cooked drain the water and keep it aside to cool
7. Grind bengal gram to a coarse paste.
8. Add onion, green chilly, curry leaves, fennel seeds, cooked flower to the bengal gram paste and mix well.
9. Make tiny balls and flatten them with hand to the shape of vadas.
10. Heat oil in the pan and deep fry them.
11. Drain excess oil and serve hot.
1. While cleaning banana flower apply oil to both hand to avoid sticking.
2. To avoid discoloration of the flower, you can soak the Chopped florets in buttermilk with a pinch of salt(wash it well before cooking).