250g Urud Dal
1/4 tsp kesari colour
1. Soak Urad dhal in water for 30 minutes.
2. Drain water and grind them into a smooth paste by sprinkling water (grind at least for 30 minutes or more).
3. To check batter, take a bowl of water and put this batter in water, batter will float.
4. Prepare sugar syrup (half string consistency) and add kesari colour .Keep it aside.
5. Heat oil in a kadai on low fire.
6. Place some batter in a thick cloth with small hole.
7. Hold the cloth bundle in the hand and press the cloth bundle so that the batter comes out.
8. First make one circle in clockwise direction then make small continuous circle in anticlockwise direction (you will get small coils around the circle).
9. Deep fry till it becomes crisp.
10. Transfer it into the sugar syrup mixture.
11. Allow it to soak for 30sec - 1min.
12. Remove from the syrup and serve hot or cold.
1. Piping jangiris is an art .You can't make the correct shape in the first attempt .It will take few attempts.
2. First you can try putting small circles like Muruku.
3. You can also use Ziploc bag instead of cloth .Cut one corner with scissors to make a small hole.
4. The oil should not be too hot .If the oil is very hot, when you make circles it will get spread.
5. When you put the jangiri in the sugar syrup, it will float on the syrup. Hold it down with a help of big ladle. It will be soaked well in 30 sec.