1 Cup Channa Dal
3 Red Chilly
1 tsp Oil
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Urud Dal
2 tsp Grated Coconut
A pinch of Asafoetida
Few Curry leaves
1. Wash and Pressure cook the channa dal with salt for 2-3 whistles.
2. Drain the water and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in the kadai, add mustard, urud dal and allow it to splutter.
4. Add red chilly, curry leaves, asafoetida and saute for a minute.
5. Add the cooked dal and a little salt. Mix well.
6. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Garnish with grated coconut.