1 Cup Whole Wheat
4 Cardamom pods (remove the skin and powdered it)
1 cup ghee
A pinch of red food colour
1/4 Cup Cashew nut
1. Wash and soak the wheat for 12 hours.
2. Grind it in a mixer/grinder by adding 1 cup water.
3. Strain it through through a sieve to get thick milk.
4. Grind the same wheat again and again for 2-3 times adding sufficient water and strain again.
5. Collect the filtered milk in a separate vessel.
6. Leave the milk for an hour so that thick milk settles down and watery will stay up.
7. Drain the water carefully.
8. Measure milk and you have to add three times of sugar to it.
9. Take a Kadai, mix sugar and water (3:3).Boil the sugar syrup to one string consistency.
10. Add wheat-milk, nuts, colour and stir continuously.
11. When the mixture starts thickening add ghee a little at a time.
12. When the ghee begins to separate at edges, add cardamom and remove from flame
13. Serve wheat halwa hot or cold.
1. Halwa should be cooked in low flame.
2. You can boil water separately and keep it so that when the mixture thickens you can add water in between till you get the proper consistency (if necessary).