4 cup(s) Idly rice
1 cup Urud dal
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
1. Soak Idly rice and Methi together in water for about 5-6 hours.
2. Soak urud dal in water for 3 hours.
3. Drain the water from urud dal and grind it with little water.
4. Grind urud dal until the mixture is frothy.Keep aside
5. Then drain water from soaked rice and methi.
6. Grind the rice to a fine consistency (not too fine,coarsely).
7. Mix the two batters and add the required salt.
8. The final batter should not be too thick or too watery.
9. Allow it to ferment for 16 - 18 hours.
1. Apply little oil on the idly plates and pour the batter (batter should be thick).
2. Keep it in idly cooker, Cover it and steam it for 7-10 Min's.
3. Remove the idly's and serve hot with chutney of your choice/sambar.
1. Add little water to the batter to dilute it.
2. Heat a flat frying pan,pour the batter and spread it into a thin round.
3. Pour oil around the sides of the dosa.
4. When it turns golden brown, turn over to other side and cook it.