1 Cup Parboiled Rice
1 Cup Raw Rice
2 tsp(s) Urud dal
1 tsp Fenugreek
¼ tsp Baking soda
1. Soak both the rice, urud dal along with fenugreek for 3 hours or more.
2.Grind the soaked rice,dal along with the grated coconut . You can also add sufficient water too to get the batter consistency.
3.Transfer the contents to a wide mouthed vessel.
4. Now add salt and ferment it for over night.
5. Add baking soda and mix well, now the batter is ready for making appams.
6. Appam can be made in appam pan or in a small size skillet.
7. Pour a ladle of appam batter and swirl it around the skillet and cover it with a lid and wait for 2 Min's and remove form pan.
8.serve hot with vegetable stew /coconut milk /any side dish of your choice.