3 Garlic cloves
A small Piece of Ginger
A small piece of cinnamon
½ tsp Poppy seed
¼ tsp Fennel seed
½ cup grated coconut
1 tsp sambar powder
2 tsp chilly powder
Few curry leaves
2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Cook the egg separately.
2. Remove the shell and cut the egg into half .keep is aside.
3. Crush poppy seeds, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seed to a coarse powder.
4. Grind coconut, half tomato, half onion, ginger, garlic, crushed powder and sambar powder together to a fine paste with little water.
3. Chop the remaining onion and tomato.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, add onion, curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
6. Add tomato, chilly powder, salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add coconut paste and saute for a minute.
8. Add water and cook and medium flame for 10 minutes.
9. Finally add egg and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with white rice.