2 cup(s) Rice Flour
1 Cup or less Jaggery (according to the taste)
1 cup Mong dal (pasiparuppu)
1/ cup grated Coconut
1 tsp Cardamom powder
1. Dry roast mong dal in a kadai till the raw smell goes.
2. Pressure cook mong dal for 1 whistle.
3. Drain the water from dal and mash it.
4. Crush jaggery and mix it with mong dal.
5. Heat Kadai and add the mixture and saute till the dal and jaggery mixture thickens.
6. Add coconut, cardamom and stir for a minute.
7. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool. keep the mixture aside.
8. Take the rice flour in a bowl and add the salt to it.
9. Boil water in a vessel.
10. Add the hot water to the flour to make a soft dough.
11. Make small balls from the dough and flatten them in your hand.
12. Take spoon of the dal jaggery filling and place it over the flattened dough.
13 .Close well with the extra dough, shape as you wants.
14. Put a wet cloth on the idli plates and place the kalukatai on them.
15. Place the idli plates on the cooker and steam for 10-15minutes